This one-day program is aimed at the experienced project manager who would like to get the most out of Microsoft Project®. Participants are directly thrown at the deep end by working on various cases and learning through actual use of Microsoft Project. This enables the project manager to properly plan, execute, monitor and control his projects easily with Microsoft Project. This course focuses on what you need to know to get the job done – effectively and efficiently.
What’s more, this course is aligned with the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)® Guide – 6th Edition hence you are assured that how you manage your projects is part of the generally accepted good practices globally.
This course also grants the participant 8 Professional Development Units (PDU’s) in the Technical Project Management expertise skill area.
At the end of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the basic views and parts of Microsoft Project
- Know how to plan and baseline a project
- Know how to update project progress
- Know how to generate reporting information to management
- Hello Microsoft Project
- The purpose of Microsoft Project
- What Microsoft Project doesn’t do
- The basic parts and views of Microsoft Project
- Planning your project schedule
- Factors that affect the schedule
- Work vs Duration
- The Schedule Management Knowledge Area
- EXERCISE 1 – Setting up your activities
- EXERCISE 2 – Creating the dependencies
- EXERCISE 3 – Determining resources
- EXERCISE 4 – Finalizing the schedule
- Updating project progress
- Rules on percent completion
- Earned Value Management
- EXERCISE 5 – Setting the status date
- EXERCISE 6 – Updating project activities
- Reporting the project
- Reporting capabilities of Microsoft Project
- EXERCISE 7 – Reporting project status
- Additional Features and Functionalities
- Q&A on additional features needed by the project manager
Pre-requisites for attending
- Participants need to bring their own laptops to the training venue
- Each laptop must have a working copy of Microsoft Project (preferably Microsoft Project 2013 Standard Edition)
- Participants must have some basic knowledge on project management, particularly project scheduling either thru actual experience or formal training in a project management course
Who should attend
- Experienced project managers
- Aspiring project managers who have some training in project management
- Project coordinators and Project Leaders
- Project resources who are tasked to manage the project schedule
- Project Directors and Project Sponsors who would want to increase their knowledge in Microsoft Project
PMI and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Microsoft and Microsoft Project are registered marks of the Microsoft Corporation.
Course Fee is inclusive of AM/PM snacks, lunch, access to the xworks learning management system, digital course materials, and course certificates.