The art of Negotiating has been thought of as a skill reserved only for those doing sales or procurement. However, the truth is that everyone negotiates more than we make think we do. We negotiate with our bosses, our colleagues, our staff, and pretty much everyone we work with. We negotiate because we need to drive results. This one-day course is founded upon the concept of principles-based negotiations and helps the participant learn the skill and art of negotiations through actual hands-on exercises in negotiating. Participants are immersed in various simulation activities that mimic various negotiation scenarios that professionals deal with on a regular basis.
At the end of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Describe why negotiations is both a skill and an art
- Apply the proper method of negotiating to people they interact with
- Apply and respond to various negotiation techniques taught in this course
- Activity: Negotiating with Poker
- Negotiation as both an Art and Science
- Why can’t I negotiate well?
- The Problem with Positions
- Principle-based versus Position-based Negotiations
- Principle Based Negotiations
- Activity: The Rent
- Separate People from the Problem
- Activity: The Job Offer
- Focus on Interests, not Positions
- Activity: Selling the Kitchen Sink
- Generate Options
- Activity: The Divorce Settlement
- Use Objective Criteria
- What if they are more powerful at negotiating?
- Activity: Hostile Takeover
- Developing your BATNA
- What if they won’t play?
- Negotiation Jiu-jitsu
- The one-text procedure
- Activity: Team-based Negotiation
- Negotiation (dirty) tricks and techniques
- Wrap up and closure
Who should attend:
- Supervisors and Managers
- Customer Service Employees
- People who have high levels of people interaction
- Business Leaders, Executives and Professionals
Course Fee is inclusive of AM/PM snacks, lunch, access to the xworks learning management system, digital course materials, and course certificates.